• Are you interested in showing of you Spanish skills? The National Spanish Exam is $6 in Mrs.Herrera's room in K136. The last day to register is January 31 with NO penalties. The test will be April 3rd-4th in the DHS Library.

• Tabernacle will be moved to EVERY Tuesday from 3:15-4:30pm in the West Seminar room. There will be free food and free Jesus!

• Attention all seniors! Tickets for the All-Night Bowling Party will go on sale January 29-February 1 for $55. CASH ONLY!!

Filed under Top Stories

Photographers honored at Dallas Morning News Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

On Wednesday, April 5, five of the students in the school newspaper and yearbook were given the opportunity to go to a competition for the Dallas Morning News High School Journalism day. Three of the students left with a first place in their category, and every single one of them left with an award.

James Rich, the instructor, claims this has been the most awards they have taken home in a while all at once.

I am extremely proud of them,” Rich said. “They have worked so hard and their work has been paying off.”

— James Rich

-Senior Ruth Thunderhawk came in first place in the News Photo category.
-Junior Brenda Arana also came home with a first place in the Sports Photo category.
-Senior Alexis Rosebrock came home with first place in the Portfolio and Sweepstakes categories. She also received second place in the Feature Photo category.
-Senior Ricardo Martin was nominated as the Most Valuable Staffer and received an honorable mention in Column Writing Portfolio.
-Senior Jose Sanchez received third place in the Sports Photo category.

For photos click here.